Monday, August 29, 2016

Potholes, Prayers and Playing Soccer

August 28, 2016

This one was taken awhile ago, on our way to a lesson

Me and my greenie hit a pot hole on his first day so we had to put on the spare


Some kids from a family that LOVES me​


Hello Everyone,
This week was very interesting. I got a call to train Elder H. straight  from the MTC. Our first couple of days we weren't able to go to the area because of riots. The other remaining days were very slow due to the time of the month. At months end people get paid and go to town to spend their money. The training is going well,  Elder H.  was able to put two of our investigators on date, Khutsong and Letsabo. We also have a car now but I am probably going to institute the P&W routine (park and walk). Everything is going well, we have 9 people on date but a few of them are probably gonna get bumped back. The stakes are being raised, we have a lot of good people getting better but are losing some of the investigators we have. We are SUPER busy right now, the work is going great. Being a trainer is difficult because now I have to lead the area with a greenie. It is a honor and a privilege to be where I am and doing the things that I am doing though. This week we had a few cool experiences.   I have my window down a lot because the AC doesn't work in our car. We drove by some guys and a drunk guy practically jumped in our car asking for a blessing. We just said a prayer with him and drove off. It was quite hilarious. And the kids here love missionaries. We played soccer with some random kids the other day, they are fun! The members and everyone likes us as well. I am really starting to LOVE the mission now. Things are going good, I cannot complain  Everything is well, I hope everyone is doing great!

Love,
Elder Voyles

No comments:

Post a Comment