Thursday, August 25, 2016

Just call me Las Vegas

August 15, 2016
Me and my comp getting ice cream

 This is a sphatlo which you buy from street shops for the equivalent of $1.25 and they are HUGE

Hello,
         We had a great week this week! We received a lot of referrals and meet a lot of new people as well! We went around an area of Mamelodi West called D16 to find new people. It went well, we are meeting with 6 new people this week because of it! We also were able to speak with this lady Namonde. We rarely get to see her because she is SUPER busy. So whenever we get to see her I pray the spirit may teach her as much as possible. Me and my companion were able to speak to her about the Plan of Salvation. We also bore testimony on there being one true church that is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was so much fun! It got me thinking. As a missionary, every day we meet with people and commit them to progression of different ways. Every time we do that these people accept (or don't) to change their eternal life. What a blessing it is to be a part of that processes. Being a missionary, a set apart representative of Jesus Christ, has blessed me so much. It is an absolute privilege to be a part of our Fathers work here on earth. We also have 2 new investigators, Khutsong and Letsabo. Khutsong is 14 and Letsabo is 9. I love those boys. They came to church with us yesterday and loved it! I feel such a unique spirit with them. They remind me a lot of me and my little brother Cooper how we love and hangout with each other.
        Now, on a bit of a different note. I had an interesting week walking the streets of Mamelodi. For some reason drunk people looove speaking with missionaries. Add that with the fact that everyone in Mamelodi drinks, every day, things get interesting. For example, two drunk old guys argued about the bible with me even though I said absolutely nothing...Hahaha. Me and my comp just slowly backed away then just slipped away when they were talking with each other. We also made friends with these guys at "Scratch Corner" which is a place people don't generally go but they always want us to take pictures with them. And, of course, they allllll call me Las Vegas. I always say that my name is Elder Voyles, but none of them can pronounce it so they just call me Las Vegas... That will have to do I guess. Other than that, not much to say except I hope everyone is well and enjoying this wonderful gift of life!
Love,

Elder Voyles

No comments:

Post a Comment