Monday, October 16, 2017

News from Africa


Left to right Peter, me, Rhino (Tsapelo) 
Rhino is his nickname, he is an investigator that we play rugby with at NWU. Peter is his friend he brought to church with him. 


From Left to Right (Me, Gape, Stanley, President L., Elder F.)

Jackoranda trees
(In Southern California, these are called jacaranda trees)


 


 
The police cars in Botswana

Our living room





October 2, 2017

Dear Family,
My lens is not broken, the pics were from my comps camera. We went to a game park just to check it out without intention to go in so I didn't bring my camera. We didn't get to watch conference, my comp just downloaded it so we will watch/listen this week. As to your questions about our mission president...he is a rule follower. I wouldn't say he is strict but he is strait forward. The mission is really young, its only 3 or 4 years old. It was formed from other missions.  He  is just what the mission needs. 

I have just begun the Savior's appearance in my personal study recently!! It is great isn't it?  

We have found and investigator at the University and he is on date now. He is way cool, kinda quiet, but genuine.  His name is Thabo.  

Have a great week!

Love,
Your Missionary


October 9, 2017

 Dear Family,
I don't have much time, we have to drive to Botswana today for Zone Conference tomorrow. I had a good week. Thabo is on date for the 29th. Stanley and Gape are getting baptized on Sunday.    I hope you all have a great week! Let me know how all your individual weeks go! Love you so much!!!

Your Son & Bro


October 16, 2017

Gape and Stanley were both baptized! Thabo is going to make it as well, I am sure of it! As for languages I have learned just the basics of Tswana, Zulu and Afrikaans. I feel I know more Afrikaans than the others.  

Dear Family,  
Transfers are tomorrow. We get the news the Saturday prior.(the 14th) The other Mafikeng town area is being whitewashed (all new elders are coming in). Two good Elders are coming which is great.  My comp is from Hamilton New Zealand. Let me know what mission she is in. He knows people all over New Zealand. I cant belive Davis is that old now... Hyo... As for the Christmas call all is well. What ever works is fine. I will let you know when the package is here for sure. I am grateful for your diligence Mom. I have reflected on that these past few weeks. You are a great example to me. I hope you have a good week. Let my fans know I am still alive and I am still wearing a tie. Love you so much!


Love,

Elder Voyles

No comments:

Post a Comment