Monday, August 7, 2017

A Month's Worth of Highlights

July 21 - August 7, 2017
Goat Head--we call him Smiley

A former investigator got baptized




Showing some kids some gospel art pics in front of my flat


My thumb is healing nicely










YSA Activity


This little girl....so cute













Joe's Beer House---Kudu, Oryx, Springbok & Zebra




Capanas---a meat market we went to




On our way to the Namibia National Museum


A great view of Windhoek


Inside the museum


Editor's Note: I have been terrible about getting Jackson's letters out to everyone.  Here are some highlights from the last month.

  • Transfer news came in and I will stay in Namibia another 6 weeks. Which I am happy about. 
  • Nanale (Pres. daughter) was baptized. 
  • We found a new family which I am excited for.
  • Two of our investigators were kicked out of their renting place partly because of them meeting with us. The Relief Society are in the process of helping them with housing as we speak so don't worry too much. 
  • Yesterday I had milo cereal for breakfast (Cocoa Puffs)
  • We had a missionary activity this week where the YSAs were to invite friends to a dinner where we would share a spiritual thought and play get-to-know you games. It went way well! We have a few new investigators from it. 
  • Our Mission President's counselor, President Swartbooi, always feeds us after church. His wife made lasagna. 
  • Mission is great! 
  • We ate at this SWEEET place called Joe's Beer House where I got to eat Kudu, Zebra, Oryx, and Springbok. They all tasted sooo nice!!
  • Sundays are slow. We have church from 1-4. I used to teach Gospel Principles quite often, but then the branch missionaries stepped up which is good. 
  •  I have only gone on splits once on my mission so far. Generally I conduct exchanges once a transfer though. 
  • I ate goat brain and an eyeball this week. On a real note it wasn't bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment