Monday, February 13, 2017

Happy 20th Birthday!

Editor's Note:  Jackson's 20th Birthday is February 19th.  If you would like to send him an email, it is jackson.voyles@myldsmail.net  

 
Black lab puppy!

Two babies playing

My sturdy shoes that I bought.  When I left Mamelodi, my walking shoes were at the repair shop so I had to buy some new ones.  I got these on sale for 609 rand ($45).  

New haircut

I made fried chicken!

(Not sure what this is....Jackson did not say)


February 6, 2016

Dear Family,

This week was good. The new schedule is that we wake up at 6:00  a.m. and get back home by 8:30 p.m. I am happy with it. We get fed by members about three times a week. Truthfully we could have a meal every night if we wanted but we don't want to take advantage of their hospitality. We only go when we are invited. We have a new family that seems promising. We had a powerful lesson with them and they asked for a Book of Mormon and understood the whole concept of the restoration.  It is pretty quiet out here...the 10 missionaries here in Windhoek are like a separate mission. It is teaching me a lot though.  I have had some neat impressions of what type of member I want to be the rest of my life. It makes me so grateful to be serving a mission. The Lord is so merciful, he truly has our best interests in mind. He LOVES us.

Love,
Your Son


February 13, 2017

Dear Family,
Just yesterday we taught a lesson to some members and they had a crazy boy and I bet I was something like that to you guys, haha. As for me I am learning some good lessons while I am here. I know now what is is like to be left to your own devices and push hard. It will be something that will last me my whole life. I will have a great birthday, a member is having all 10 missionaries over in Windhoek Sunday night which is always fun. I love you a ton and hope you have a good week! 
Love,
Your Crazy Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment