Monday, November 28, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

November 28, 2018

At an African Wedding

Thanksgiving dinner in Africa

Selfie at the internet cafe



Dear Family,
My area of Mamelodi just got cut in half.  The whole of Mamelodi is about 2 million people so it's kinda big... I now stay in Montana Park in an apartment that had maggots all over the floor last night but we purged it today so it's all good now. No HUGE storms like before but still small ones.  My pants still fit somewhat. I ripped my pants in the "rear" seam when I bent down the other day. Luckily I was at home.  I will try to save them but I might need some new pants.... MAYBE. The wedding will be fun I'm  sure.  (His sister Maddie just told him she was engaged.) Not as fun as an African wedding though. I went to one a few weeks ago and it was sweeeet. I got fed a LOT. People here feed MASSIVE portions so that's why I am getting a gut. I am glad to hear you had fun with Grandpa, I miss the snow. Here you actually put water as coolant in cars because it never drops below freezing. We just had a good Thanksgiving today actually. We didn't celebrate it on the actual day. Anyway, this week was slow. December here in Mamelodi I hear is crazy. People always party, leave town and what not. So it will be slow. I am good though. I might stock up on some stuff I need.  I will shop smart and not spend much though. 
All in All, thanks and love you tons!!!
Your Fav Missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment